Creating a lift (elevator). Any suggestions...

Keith_K

...as to how I might draw this on my plan?

I have created the lift shaft and  a door opening but my searches reveal nothing in the available CA libraries that will help me to shove a lift into the shaft.

Thanks.

post-52-0-47737000-1404403349_thumb.jpg

Do you really need a Lift / Elevator ? there are Elevator buttons in the Library and you can put in a double ( bypass) slab door with no casing , and make the door materials Stainless Steel , I think it should look fine.

M.

• Upvote 1

Hi Keith , I had a quick play and actually set the casing to 60mm ,changed the materials to my brushed vertical stainless steel ( I posted a while back) , and changed the material on the call switch to the same S.Steel. Doesn't look bad but not sure of your needs....

post-25-0-33459400-1404422257_thumb.jpg

Edit I realised after posing the pic I could save these to my library (1500mm and 1200mm and the switch)
so I export the library for you.  Done in Version 10 so any version 10 and above it should work for unzip the file and import the calibz as normal.

Elevator Doors.zip

edit 2

I imported these doors into 2015 Pro Trial tonight , the 3D pic in the library looks like a square block for some reason ( unlike in Pro 10) but it posts into the Plan like it should.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Oooo!  Thank you.  I'll give that a go.  I did find something on that 3D Warehouse place but it wasn't quite to my taste and I couldn't figure out how to change the finishes because when I opened the object all the options were totally alien to me and made no sense whatsoever.    :rolleyes:

• 5 years later...
  • 1 year later...