Dollhouse view has a roof?

JinksG

I'm still new to Home Designer, but I have worked on a few different floor plans and haven't encountered this problem until now.  I have a 2 story design and choose dollhouse view--the 1st floor works fine and shows me the correct "dollhouse" view.  But the 2nd floor has a roof on it.  Isn't that the point of dollhouse view to not have a roof so you can see inside?  I must have done something to make this happen . . . ideas? Thanks

yes, that's the way I read to make that kind of floor--was getting ready to learn how to do knee walls--2nd floor won't have the square footage that 1st floor does, with rooms looking out the gable ends and a smaller gable across the front to look sort of like this . . . 

post-4355-0-69266800-1444097562_thumb.png

The more common way of doing this is to build a short second floor.

When you build the second floor, set the ceiling height to be 1.5" or whatever they need to be. Build the roof, and once the roof looks correct, turn off auto build roofs, and raise the ceiling. 

This lets the Doll House view work as expected.

Thanks! I will try that.  I was following some instructions on the website . . . but what you're suggesting makes a lot of sense--unchecked the box and can see now.  Will see if I can just figure how to do the walls now.  Appreciate your help.