Missing floor framing

rfcomm2k

Using the attached file, I try to build floor framing, but it fails to appear.

It builds the ceiling framing, and when I go to the Foundation Framing DBX I make sure I specify build ceiling framing and build floor framing for the subfloor for floor 1.

Well it STILL doesn't $%##& work here! This really is getting to me. First I had all those issues with siding showing vertical instead of horizontal, and now this. And I have not had these issues till now. I guess it really is time for a new laptop.

GRRRRRR.

Robert,
When I opened your plan in Pro2015 trial, I see the same thing you are seeing in the 'perspective framing overview'.
I went to the toolbar:  Build>Framing>Build Framing, and (in the dbx box) I put a check mark in the 'Build Floor Framing' box.  The rim joists and floor joists all suddenly appeared!

Also, I noticed that your basement exterior entry needs some TLC.
First I changed the room type to 'entry'  (why did you select 'open below'?).
Open the structure dbx and set 'floor C' to -121.75, finished ceiling to 46.75.
If you want the stem wall to match the existing basement stem wall, set 'stem wall I'  to 51"
I then raised the door 'floor to bottom 3/4", to give a slightly raised sill.
Next, on level 1, turn on 'terrain feature'  (2d display).  I then enlarged the terrain 'hole' to eliminate the terrain that is overflowing into the stairwell on both sides and also the door side.   :)

Jo_Ann, first of all thank you very much for the tips regarding the basement entry. I had followed an article about daylight basements and thought everything was OK.

As for the " Build>Framing>Build Framing, and (in the dbx box) I put a check mark in the 'Build Floor Framing' box.  The rim joists and floor joists all suddenly appeared!
", when you reached the DBX were you on the foundation tab or on the 1st tab? If I start on the first floor and open the build framing DBX, I land on the 1st tab, and there is no "build floor framing" checkbox for the first floor, only for the second floor which is grayed out because there is no second floor.

If I start in the basement and open the DBX, I land on the Foundation tab. I DO check the box for "build floor framing" for subfloor for Floor 1, but I still do not see the floor framing in the plan view. Again, maybe it is just me, but I thought that if I can build ceiling framing and see it in plan view then I should be able to build floor framing and see it in plan view.

I DO check the box for "build floor framing" for subfloor for Floor 1, but I still do not see the floor framing in the plan view.

This is normal,you would need to go to floor 0 to see the framing for floor 1 because it is actually under floor 1 not above it.

Also, you will need to make sure that any layers you wish to see are turned on under the layer display options for floor plan view.

So Kirk, If I understand correctly, to see framing for floor 1 I need to be looking at floor 0. Now that I understand this I can move forward knowing I DON'T have a problem (other than my understanding how program works)

Thank you everyone.

I opened your plan. I'm on floor 1.

Checked Build Floor Framing in the Build Framing dialog.

post-171-0-37880400-1443658728_thumb.jpg

Opened a Perspective Framing Overview and the floor framing was there.

If you don't see the floor framing, check display options to make sure its layer is displayed.

What happens when you do the above?