default finished ceiling height

frazld

Home Designer Pro 2015, Build 16.3.0.59, 64bit

On Edit, Default Settings, Floor
the default finished ceiling height is  107 5/8" or 8' 11 /58"
with 7/8" floor finish & 5/8"

Most have a finished ceiling height 8' 5/8" or 1/2".

Also if you change this values they will change in the
Default Settings, Rooms, all rooms but Normal room
which the only values that change are ceiling structure & finish and floor foundation and floor finish. The rest is greyed out.

With the heights remaining basicly default what is a normal room?
And when would these values be changed?

You can set the Ceiling Height in the Floor Defaults, and all the rooms will follow that, unless you open the individual room's Specification dialog and change it.

Room Defaults let you modify things like the Ceiling/Floor Structure and change material finishes for those surfaces.  The values that are greyed out are because you cannot change them from that location.

• Upvote 1

with Pro you can set whatever height you want , just make sure you delete the (D) after the number if its there or it will change back to (D) Default     ( or uncheck the default box ,this behaviour is used throughout HD Pro etc)

you can also change the ceiling structure and thickness under those tabs/buttons , once again remove the (D) or check from the default box or it will change back automatically.

And don't forget to downloand the Reference Manual and save it...

M.

Yep did all of the below just thought it was an unusual default ceiling height for most of the buildings.

couldn't find anything about the below.

So what is a normal room under room defaults?

Normal room values don't change except ceiling structure & finish and floor foundation and floor finish. The basic room height remains around 9'.

any room not defined elsewhere or in the Floor Defaults .....I believe ?  ,  but don't use that DBX myself.

You change the height for the Floor 1-2-3 etc with the Defaults>Floor setting ,    ie to 96"  ( do this on each Level or reset when you "Build Floor" )

You can then change the height of individual Rooms in the Room DBX if needed too.

M.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Hopefully someone can help me here.  I was breezing right along and had multiple different ceiling heights throughout the house with no problems.  Then, I opened it up this morning and noticed a few rooms were now at 8'.  It was weird but I just went ahead and changed them back to 10' or 9' respectively.

Then came the weird part, one of the rooms (a small outdoor closet) is changed to a 10' ceiling but when I look at the camera view it still shows it at 8'.  I've tried everything and it constantly still looks 8'.  When I open the room specifications I see that they are correct at 10'.  When I look at the doll house view I can see that the outer walls are short and I cannot figure out how to fix this.  I've also noticed a couple of weird problems that may be related on the oter side of the housedesi

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

JHawk - Home Designer Pro 2014​

jhawk 365 - Start a topic of your own and post a copy of your plan in it so that others can have a look at your settings etc. and advise you accordingly without your problem and that of the OP of this topic becoming intertwined and confusing ;) .