Adding a second floor but not sure how to remove floor from living area on 1st

tjcoy747chief

I am using Designer Pro 2016, and slowly going through the manual. I am not a designer but have done enough remodeling to be dangerous :). I am trying to do a pretty accurate lay out for a summer home in Philippines and everything is build with concrete and center block / hollow block. Spent lots of time in area on floor levels but can't seem to find how to remove a portion of the floor or ceiling from 1st floor. I can create the 2nd story without any problems except I need to make area above living area an open atrium from area where bedrooms upstairs can look down from balcony. Anyway any suggestions are very much appreciated.

Thanks Tim

Tablas 1st real drawing 03.plan

I can't open your plan to see the structural arrangement you have as I only have HD Pro 2014 but have you tried outlining the area you wont open (on the second floor) with invisible walls and then in the room dialogue select "open below"? Conversely if there is a definite room arrangement under this area, even using invisible walls again, unchecking "roof above this room" and "ceiling above this room" should give the same result. I think.