Angled breakfast bar

scott_v

I want to build a free standing island breakfast bar that is angled ~45 degrees in the middle.  Think of a boomerang shape.  The base will be two 36" W x 24" D x 34" T cabinets, joined at a 45 degree angle.  The raised counter  will be 18" deep and ~42" off the floor.  Pretty std stuff.  Could anyone point me to a knowledge base or other discussion on how to build this in Pro?

Thank you.

• Upvote 1

What specifically are you having an issue with? 

Specifically, I'm having trouble figuring out how to build what is described in my first post.  I'm trying to build a base cabinet that is shaped like a boomeran.......angled at the middle of the cabinet.  

I'll assume you are stuck joining the 2 cabinets together, and I'm not sure how to describe the process other than "start by joining the 2 cabinets together".

Hopefully someone will make a video.

Is this the basics of what you are after?

post-171-0-79994000-1443053536_thumb.jpg

Maybe this will help.

Draw 2 cad lines to use as a reference point (shown in red). 1st one at 0, 2nd at 45.

Position the cabinets until the front corners touch (fill-in between cabinets will auto build).

Add a 3rd cad line from front pivot point to back pivot point (gives a reference point for the breakfast countertop's outer pivot point).

Use the custom countertop (or soffits) for the breakfast counter. 

Raise the cabinet backsplash to meet the breakfast counter.

If you block the components, you can then position the breakfast bar anywhere you want, without losing the configuration.

post-63-0-47902800-1443063693_thumb.jpg