DXF Import

English

Go to solution Solved by English,

I imported a DXF file into my plan but it is in the wrong scale.  For instance a wall that is supposed to be 56' long is shown as 56".  How can I get the import to the correct size.  Also it drops the import over my existing drawing which will make it very difficult to make changes.  How can I specific the location where it is imported to?
Thanks

Alan

Imports are dependant upon the competence of the person who exported the dxf file. In AutoCAD you can export views from "Model Space" where the drawing is at "real world scale" (1' = 1') but an AutoCAD or other application can also export from "Paper Space", similar to Home Designer Pro's layout where the real world scaled objects shown in plan view are scaled down to fit a particular paper size.

In Home Designer Pro you have the "Transform Replicate Object" dialog tool for precisely changing the size of a selected object (Resize input box). this can be used on dxf files, image files to precisely upsize or down size objects as you  require. You upsize or downsize and then check with dimension tools as a quality control of your resizing, I do it all the time.

DJP

Are you not given a choice in the import>dxf   tool ( don't drag and drop)  as to what dimension to use ?    feet , inches etc?

when it 1st imports and shows up in plan view , you should be able to click on the imported "image" and get the selection box and a grab handle in the middle so you can move it anywhere you like... if I remember correctly....