For Builders: Object to identify foundation tie down placement on floor plan view

scott_v

When a State Licensed Structural Engineer who is consulting on my project and that person requires the annotation, I commonly create a wall typical that denotes what the consulting Engineer requires. In thirty years of such work, I have yet to work with a Structural Engineer that wanted them shown in plan views. The majority require certain 2D details that show specifics, annotated with text and arrows. DJP

uncheck Soffits or set to them 0" thickness  (maybe not in Pro ? ) 

so make soffit material "opening -no material" (invisible) 

and uncheck Boxed Eave on the Options Tab in the Build roof DBX.

PS you may need to Do a Roof Framing rebuild to see the effects of the changes.

M.

Opened your plan and a couple of things....

What is Code for Garage height were you are ? here it is 15' your's is currently 17'2" so you may need to lower the Pitch

Your garage door is not a standard height (84" or 96") , so use an engineered header (3 ply LVL) to squeeze a 8' door in , if needed, however check with your garage door supplier as many are framed to the stated size now , as the casing /frame is actually in front of the door , so your rough opening doesn't need any allowances. You will may need a Low clearance kit for the door too if you go with an 8' door in a 9' foot ceiling garage , once again check with your local supplier.

You might want to change your new TD Callout Character height to a scale of 4"  for ease of use ...I am not even sure what 4 65/1285th  is?  use copy and paste then you don't need to fill it in every time....

test plan garage-MH .plan

uncheck Soffits or set to them 0" thickness  (maybe not in Pro ? ) 

so make soffit material "opening -no material" (invisible) 

and uncheck Boxed Eave on the Options Tab in the Build roof DBX.

PS you may need to Do a Roof Framing rebuild to see the effects of the changes.

M.

I had already done all of the above and executed build ceiling and build roof.  None of that fixed the problem.  I just hit "save" and it re-drew the 3-D.  That may work, but you won't find that in the knowledge base...lol.    Kinda a weak point in the s/w they don't want to admit to I guess.

Opened your plan and a couple of things....

What is Code for Garage height were you are ? here it is 15' your's is currently 17'2" so you may need to lower the Pitch

Your garage door is not a standard height (84" or 96") , so use an engineered header (3 ply LVL) to squeeze a 8' door in , if needed, however check with your garage door supplier as many are framed to the stated size now , as the casing /frame is actually in front of the door , so your rough opening doesn't need any allowances. You will may need a Low clearance kit for the door too if you go with an 8' door in a 9' foot ceiling garage , once again check with your local supplier.

You might want to change your new TD Callout Character height to a scale of 4"  for ease of use ...I am not even sure what 4 65/1285th  is?  use copy and paste then you don't need to fill it in every time....

attachicon.giftest plan garage-MH .plan

I drafted the plans for this project on velum and got plan approval and permit a month ago.  The shop is in the process of being framed today.  The project is a shop and in my jurisdiction that bldg height is allowed with that 9 x 8 door.

The 6 x 12 header sits 94 7/8" above the slab.  Before the plans were submitted, the panel garage door vendor confirmed that height is within tolerance for the roll up door we're having installed.

I'm designing our shop in Pro in order to learn the software.   It made sense to see if I could design it precisely to the hand drafted design specs.