Inadvertent Stepped Wall - Foundation

dbneil4056

Go to solution Solved by dbneil4056,

Something I noticed well into my design; a stepped floor showed up when I was reviewing things in 3D mode. Not sure when or how this occurred, and the step looks to be just a few inches. I also do not see any effect in other views.

• How might have this have happened?
  • How can I fix this with out effecting my design?

Don Neil

If you look in 3D at the bottom of the slab/foundation, you'll see a very slight step. Also in floor plan on level 0, there is an "S" showing the location. It's so slight I didn't notice the problem until I started creating a patio at the back on the design on the lower level. May not be in the attached plan though.

It's so slight, that I'll live with it assumong no easy fix. But knowing the cause may help me with future designs.

Thanks!

The step was obvious, just wanted to make sure it was the one you were referring to. Sometimes it's difficult to tell what is supposed to be and what isn't.

I'm not sure what is causing this, but when I rebuild the foundation, it goes away.

I would have approached this differently. I imagine you need stemwalls and footings there in Ohio, and would have used level 0 for these. level 1 would have been your level 0, and so on. This would allow rebuilding the foundation level without affecting what is above.

Draw in your own concrete walls as needed on level 1. You could then use Pony Walls to create a step in the concrete wall to match the grade.

• Solution

Thanks to all for comments.  The fix I employed worked, but will need to rebuild the interior walls and modify a portion of the exterior walls.

The home is being built in Alabama, so frost depth is not the issue. What is, is me being new to this and the program.

We had our home designed by a pro, but I've been taking the line drawings and converting them to this program for 3D purposes, material estimates and to make minor alterations. I suggested the architectural version for future work, since he was working with a program that provides the detail.

This has been an on going learning process and hobby, but helpful to some of the detail for our new home.