adding objects to default library

Jeff_Wilkinson

I'm trying to figure out how to add a 3D object that I downloaded and have it show up in my library. Here's my dilemma, I want to change the newel and baluster on my stairs, but none of the items in the default catalog are what I want, so I downloaded some from the interweb, problem is when I click library to change, none of my objects show up. I can select the item just fine if I'm not in the railing specification box, I can just select and drag. But I can't do it that way because if I delete my default railing I lose my stairwell.

How are you trying to change them?

Been a long while since I had Suite but I thought the type of Railing was determined by the Template you used for the Plan?     you can change materials , I am just not sure about the Type of Baluster/Newel unless you do it manually. (might be different in 2016?)

Jeff,

I think I understand your question, If it's not a HD object then you can only change the material as Kbird said.

IMHO some 3rd party 3d objects don't work well with HD. example light fixtures don't illuminate and you cant connect them to a switch

You have to use a pass thru for doors and windows, if you don't you lose the room.