Gable on a Gable Roof with different pitches

Gordo19

Hello,  I am able to put a gable on a gabled roof using the Gable/Roof Line command.   However, I can't seem to set the pitch of the second gable different that the pitch of the first gable.   ( the roof pitch is 6, I am trying to set the gable at 4).   Any help would be much appreciated.  

Gord , fill in your Profile Signature ( see mine below for a how to)  as I think it may depend on What software you are using ,

do you have Pro ? then select the Roof plane and change the Pitch in the DBX (dialog Box)

@Law : there is no wall to select if you use the Gable/Roof Line Tool ...not Sure if Suite has it ? 

No it does not.

I'm going need your help, are you saying in Pro the only way to produce a Gable wall is to use the tool?

Given some of the questions that have been asked by some Pro users: example using a soffit for a roof lol.

The awareness of the tools in Pro may not be known.

Please don't take this the wrong way, If there's no wall(s) then there's no need for a roof.

it allows you to add a Gable on a Hip roof , similar to the way the Gable over Window tool does it 

(or by breaking the wall and labelling the wall gable)

however it can be used when you need to put a wall break where you have a door or window so a wall break wont work or if there is no wall like in an Alcove situation , I think it can be used over Bay,Box or Bow windows too

The gable generated via the Gable Roof Line tools takes its pitch from the main roof, and cannot be changed independently.

Gable/Roof Lines

The Gable/Roof Line tool can be used to automatically generate a gable above the bearing wall of a hip roof plane. It is best used in situations where roof directives in walls are not possible. For example:

• If a Wall Break would be required in the same location as a door or window;

Where a wall is not present, such as across the front of an alcove;

• Over a Bay, Box, or Bow Window. 

click on the wall, open wall specification, click roof    remove the D and change the pitch.

That will also change the gable generated via the Gable Roof Line tool.

The gable generated via the Gable Roof Line tools takes its pitch from the main roof, and cannot be changed independently.

Are you saying you can't select the  Roof Plane as normal in Pro 2016 ? it's always been selectable in the Past.... (IN PRO) .... however if doesn't work that well if you change the Pitch afterwards (lock fascia height) as the Roof doesn't repair itself well even with Auto Roof on, which can lead to manual roof repairs.

It's better , once the main Roof is done at the Correct pitch via the Build Roof DBX to go back in, turn off Auto build Roofs , change the default pitch to what you need on the new Gable , close the DBX, draw the Gable roof line, (nothing should happen), open the Build Roof DBX again, check Build Roof  ( not auto) and retain manually edited and drawn roofs and then close the DBX letting the new Gable Build at the desired Pitch.....(if something is wrong ,   then use the Undo feature and try it again.)

M.