ericepv

I am using HD Pro 2015 and have been quite impressed with what it can do. I have spent quite a bit of time studying the help guide and adjusting my settings to maximize the quality of my renders but now I feel as though I have reached the limits of what the software can do. As an upgrade to Chief Premier is not currently on the horizion, I would like to know if anyone has experimented with using photo-editing software (I have GIMP 2.8) to acheive results that are similar to Chief Premier.

Might be a question for the Chief Users on ChiefTalk a number of them are very good 3D Artists as well .....https://forums.chiefarchitect.com/    lot of other good info their for Pro Users too since Pro has about 1/4 of Chief's features.

You would need software that can understand the 3d models Pro can export at a minimum is my guess ....

I assume you have "played " with all the settings in the Edit>Prefs>Render> Final View  Tab  such as the % and size of Triangles, ? wont ever be Photo Realistic but maybe "good enough"

M.

Thanks Kbird, I'll give that forum a try.

I have tweaked all of the settings as much as I can, my main issue is how the gloss surfaces look. I am getting very nice results but not what Chief Priemer can do, I am hoping there might be another way to enchance the image until I can make the jump to Premier.

The problem with third-party render applications is that they use 3-D models and no Home Designer title exports such models in any 3-D format, so that narrows down your choices to image editing applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro and others.

Photo-realistic renderings start with a 3D model where you can then tweak materials and lighting to get that professional looking result.

You might look at Sketch Up as a starting point, the professional version comes with add on features that can obtain stunning results but it is programmed completely differently from Chief Architect-Home Designer titles that use objects as opposed to lines and shadings.

DJP