How to do 2 different sidings on 1 wall ?

PaulAlford

I created a 10' tall wall that I want to have 7-8' of lap siding, then 6-8 inches of trim, then the last foot or two of vertical siding (well actually Hardie Shingle) but I dont see that material in the list.

So how do you customize an exterior wall like this ?  Or get close to it ?

The CertainTeed library has FC Shingles you can use for that look

However in Suite there are no Pony Walls , so you would have to use Soffits with the shingle applied as the material, and  the Soffit slide upto the wall carefully in plan view.

Do a Forum search on Pony Walls for more info , this isn't the 1st time I have seen this question.

You may also be able to do something with Wall coverings in the Wall's Menu if Suite has that option?

This is how the Trim band (bellyband/watertable)   is added in other versions

https://www.homedesignersoftware.com/support/article/KB-00891/adding-a-belly-band-to-your-house.html

Some titles (that cost more than Suite) have additional tools and ways to do what you want to do. In Suite, you mainly have "Soffits" (found under cabinet tools). These can be shaped thin and used to cover parts of interior or exterior walls and will carry whatever material you assign to them. Additional library catalogs can be chosen and downloaded for Suite at the Home Designer Website.

DJP

The Soffit tool is under Cabinets ( a throwback to when drops were put above kitchen cabinets)  they are very useful for all sorts of things as are the Shapes in the Library , both of which can be used anywhere , indoors or out and have any material applied to make them look like what you want.

The horizontal trim can be a Soffit too , it's just going to be real fiddly to do a whole house that way. this article should help

https://www.homedesignersoftware.com/support/article/KB-00902/applying-exterior-decorative-details.html

M.