Hip roof modification.

Andrewdatm

Go to solution Solved by solver,

Hi,

I need help with my hip roof with a little modification.  I've attached a picture of the hip roof- as you view the picture I've moved the hip roof down from where it was previously. I would like to cover the opening and tried the best I can but just can't seem to get it.

My plan for the roof is to have a little extension down on the side of the house but still keeping the hip roof style of the house. This extension on the roof will have another room enclosed underneath (which is not shown because I can't seem to get the roof right. I would like to keep the downward slope extension without creating another hip roof style for the extension, as it does on default.

Hope I am making sense.

Any help would be appreciated.

post-3943-0-93051000-1441606060_thumb.jpg

The key to any roof design you desire rests on two fundamentals: Basic styles are accomplished by "settings" described in detail in your software found in the Build Roof Dialog - Roof Styles Tab and secondly, learning how to use Home Designer Pro's manual roof tools; this requires study and lots of practice to learn.

DJP

• Solution

If the pitch is the same, build the roof on the main structure, grab the roof plane you want to extend and pull it down, then square up the ends.

If pitch is different. Draw extra roof plane, set ridge height to fascia height of existing roof, set pitch and move so they align.

if its a single storey like in your example , extending that roof out at the same pitch will make the ceiling in the new room really low , you may need to use the Upper Pitch option in the new outer Wall's DBX to set two roof Pitches (planes) up.  

Posting your plan will help if figure it out if you need more help.

M.