Bay Window roof overhang

Jeff_Wilkinson

Hello everyone, new to the forums. I have a question about bay windows, the software auto-generates a bay window when you select it, however is there a way to modify the roof material and overhang as well as window frame color? I see other options to modify but nothing in regards to what I'm trying to do. I want to change the bay to have a metal roof over it. thank you, I've been reading some of the other topics and it seems we have some very helpful people here.

HD Suite 2016

Eric may have a point I am not sure in Suite if you can have two different roof materials ?  can you select just that roof plane and change the material?

I am not sure in Suite if this works but in Pro you can alter the Windows by selecting the bay window, by clicking on the individual window you want to change (which selects the whole Bay 1st) then hit TAB and the selection will move to the individual window you clicked over. 

M.

For roof overhangs on individual walls, read this kb article:

https://www.homedesignersoftware.com/support/article/KB-00077/specifying-different-roof-overhangs-on-different-walls.html

It might not work well if it is just over the bay window where you are wanting to change the overhang.  A manual bay window might work better.

After you are completely finished building the roof, turn OFF 'auto build roof'.   In the 3d window, you can then use the paint can to change the roof on only the bay window.  If you rebuild the roof again, you will have to reapply the material.

As Mick said, select the bay window, the hit tab to select an individual window. You can then open that window dbx and change your color.

thanks everyone for the replies, I rebuilt the bay window manually and I'm able to do what I need to minus the metal roof. I'm trying the material editor but after I make make a change it only stays momentarily. It reverts back to the original shingles after I make any changes to anything else.