Completed Plan - Seeking Input/Improvement ideas Roof

PamelaC

This one is MY home that I hope to build next year.  I welcome ANY comments or criticism, but my main area of concern is the master suite/rear porch ROOF.  I  hate it.  I have tried many options but can't find anything I like:

Limitations: Rear porch roof pitch must stay low to clear bedroom windows upstairs (They are egress windows so can't be raised.) . 

A little background:

We went with a 1 1/2 story design because of height limitations, a full 2 story is not an option and we don't need the extra room (We actually have TOO MUCH space upstairs). Upstairs is for teenagers soon to leave hoime, then it will be a guest area..

The tax man will devour this house, so any reductions in size would be welcome.  (He won't count the attics or the "open below" area)

Plan drawn with Home Designer Pro 2014

Looks like you forgot to hit the Attach button under "More Reply Options" for your Plan file too ( and your Mum's) .  also make sure the plan is not open in HD Pro when you attach it , or it wont attach.

Have a look at my Sig. below and please add your info to your Forum Signature too , there is also a link on how to post pics etc to your threads when needed.

Mick.

WOW!  What great ideas!! Thank you all so much for taking the time to look at my plan. 

The hallway past the master closets in 3'6".  The house we live in now has a 3' hallway which works fine, but we went a little wider.  Do you think 3'6 is too narrow?

If you are referring to the very narrow passageway between the laundry room and the master bath, that is what I call a horizontal laundry chute.  It wil allow me to push the hampers directly into the laundry room.  I'll be putting a conveyor roller in there.