Need someone wPremier 2014 to convert drawing

PamelaC

I have just completed drawings for my mother using Home Designer Pro 2014.  She has Home Designer Suite 2014.  She can view the drawings in Suite but can't modify.  Home Designer Pro does not have the ability to back convert.  I have learned that a user with full Chief Architect (not Home designer) can convert the file to Suite version, but that user also must be using the 2014 version.  Can anyone do this for me?

Also, I realize I may lose custom features that were placed using Pro, but I am not worried about that.  She just wants to work with furniture, cabinetry, etc.

Looks like you forgot to hit the Attach button under "More Reply Options" for your Plan file.

I am surprised actually She can't open and do at least basic editing (colours/furniture etc) in Suite , since you have the same Version.  

Another User , DJP , has many versions so maybe able to confirm what can and can't be done , I had thought that with the same version you were able to use your version's features in a Plan of the same year.

M.

Just getting the hang of uploading files.  I uploaded the one for my house on the other thread, and I am going to wait and see how that comes through before I send my Mom's.  Thanks very much for the offer.  I have both Suite and Pro 14, and files created in Pro seem to be read only in Suite as far as I have been able.

Pamela,

I opened your file in my copy of Chief Architect Premier X5 and programmed it to be editable in other Home Designer titles. You will be limited to 2014 titles only, yes it can be opened in 2015 and 2016 but usually this things are version specific (if the file is opened and saved in anything newer than 2014 titles you will not be able to afterward continue to edit the file in any 2014 title.

DJP

0901Pamela (2).zip