Wiring drawings

rfcomm2k

I am at the stage where the floorplan has been accepted and am now preparing the wiring layout. First thing I have discovered is that by the time the outlet wiring AND lighting wiring is on the drawing, the whole thing looks like a bunch of scribbles.

I tried saving to a different document (saved a master with no wiring in place, then saved one with only the outlet wiring in place and saved it again with only the lighting wiring in place)  and that worked OK until the customer came up with a floorplan change. Then I had to make the change to all drawings, and that got tedious.

Is there a way to separate the outlet wiring from the lighting wiring without having to save to a different document?

Update: I can change the color of the splines, but would prefer to place the lighting in a separate layer. In AutoCAD I can define dozens of different layers and turn them on and off as desired. Can I create new layers in HDPro14?

All visible objects and symbols are on named layers that can be turned on or off depending upon what you wish to communicate. I commonly use several plan views per project (one for structural, a roof plan and an electric plan, same plan file but printed each time with different layers on and off corresponding to what each plan view is to communicate.

Electric plans need to communicate to the electrical contractor special desires that you may have (switch locations and types, specialized use appliances, dedicated circuits, telephone and CTV locations,) A licensed electrician is required by law to layout plugs to existing codes and to organize his circuits accordingly so what he needs to know from you is specialized, individualistic desires only, not minutiae.

DJP 

I agree with David and Eric , there is no need to show wiring really as the Electrician will do his own thing anyway and he has Codes requirements he has to meet regardless of your plan , so I would only show Lighting and special switching , special heights, special equipment , panel and Meter location and let the Sparkie do his Job.