Not to scale dimensions

ChadEdwards

The software creates to a scale of 1' = 1' in plan views so when you use a print layout or print to paper or PDF you must downscale so it will fit on the target paper size. I do not fully understand what it is that you do not understand about that. The process does not change values only how large the view is when printed so it fits on paper (the dimension values do not change, only the scale changes).

DJP

Thanks David, what I am saying is the model distance is one value, I need it to be another and the dimension to show that but do not have time to work all the related edits to make the model dimensions perfect so I want to just force the dimension to read the correct value in the layout drawing.  I am placing text over the model view dimension and it shows up in the layout the same correct value.  Is there a way to just edit the dimension values as an NTS value and the dimension does not update or drive any geometry?

No Chad , it's something that I see people on CT ask for every now and then too.

Most people just make the Dimension no# the smallest size allowed eg 128th inch so it can't be seen and put there own text in. (not sure what Pro's smallest size is but the text with a fill the background colour works too.

M.