aligning walls

jhawk635

I am getting errors on quite a few walls that tells me I need to align the walls.  Most of them I can just hit the "align with wall above" and it fixes the error.  But on some of them it moves the wall enough that I don't want to move it. Oh, and this is a single story house.  Do I have to fix these errors or is it something I can ignore?  Any insight or thoughts on this is greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,

JHawk

On a single story, you probably want to align the attic walls with the wall below, not the other way around.

Noticed in another thread you are south of SA. I went to school in San Marcos and lived in the Austin area for almost 20 years. Can't believe how the area has grown since I left in 95.

Eric is right ,  Align to the 1st Floor when Aligning if needed since you drew level 1 1st .....it should be the correct size and anything above (Attic Walls,2nd Story) or below should match it ie. the Basement should match the 1st Flr too , not the other way around.

That makes sense...how do I actually do that?  I figured I just needed to find the actual attic wall to start with but that's not quite so easy.  I went into the layer display settings thinking I could just turn off the normal walls and leave on the attic walls to fix it but that doesn't work. Any tips here are greatly appreciated.

Hey Eric, yes it has grown.  At the rate we're going San Antonio to Austin will be one huge metroplex.  Traffic is murder on I-35.

Ok...it seemed easy enough.  Then I found that some did not have the option and realized I had to go to the "floor below" or actually the foundation.  That was ok but if I align the walls I get the attached message wanting me to turn off the auto rebuild foundation.  I'm afraid that might cause me all kinds of issues?  Thoughts?

post-834-0-07011400-1440720302_thumb.jpg

That's the plus for using auto build -- the program will make it correct.

Another way of doing attic walls is to delete the roof and then rebuild. Building the roof puts the attic walls in place.

If in doubt, work in a copy of the plan.

Scary....but I may consider that when I'm done.  I don't think I have anything actually attached to the roof or that would be affected.  It looks super complex because the house is so big and odd shaped with several ceiling heights.