Placing a Rug

solver

I've read the KB Article https://www.homedesignersoftware.com/support/article/KB-00290/placing-and-modifying-a-rug.html

I don't normally place furniture and accessories in a plan, but have one where I want to.

I have chosen a rug from the Library (Checkers). Clicking on it does not change the cursor, and clicking on the plan does not place the rug.

I have restarted Home Designer, and tried in a new, one room plan with the same results.

Placing other items works as expected.

Ideas?

Are you sure you have the display options turned on for interior furniture? 

I couldn't find anything in the library called checkers rug. I always use the plain rectangular rug in the core library and place a material on it.

ps I didn't get my roof sorted out, tried to change the pitch and suddenly a hip roof appeared, and then this weird double roof appeared. So I am going back to study yours. I stuck the rug in your version of my plan. :-)

Did you try to place a rug from 'flooring>rugs' ?   You have to place a rug object 1st.  In my library version it is found in 'interiors>accessories>rugs'.

THEN you can choose a material from 'flooring/rugs', or choose a style of your own.

This is a rug (material) from a Mohawk Manufacturer Catalog.

You both were correct. Place a rug from the core catalog, then change its material.

Thanks.

I'm going to suggest the KB article be updated to be more clear.

• 1 year later...