Noob - Freeze dimensions of an object

PsaltyDS

Go to solution Solved by Kbird1,

Noob user of HD Suite 2016 - first post on forum...

Moving objects (doorways and windows at the moment), and want to freeze the dimensions of the object so it does not auto-resize every time distance from anther object (nearest wall) is manually entered. 

Enter distance from nearest wall, and the opening risizes.  Change the size of the opening and both edges move, changing distance to the nearest wall.  Not enough hair left to be pulling it out like this.

Must be missing something easy here.

It's depends on where you click on the "object" ,

click on the centre and get the square handle and it moves the object ,

click on the edge of the object and get the LARGE square handle and it will resize the object not move it.

( I don't use this often as you get weird sized Doors/Windows by accident-non standard sizes)

Don't forget to fill in you Profile SIG so we know who you are and what you are using .... see My SIG for how to....

Had the difference between the center handle and the two end handles down.  Selected the center handle and started sliding the opening along the wall.  Left clicked on the dimension showing distance to the nearest wall and manually entered the distance.  This is how my notes were taken (30" doorway opening 29" from interior corner).  The edge of the opening jumped to the proper distance from the wall but the size of the opening changed.  I don't think I selected the wrong handle because I set the width and then started sliding it down the wall to get it close (a center handle function) before clicking on the distance and entering exact measurement.

Thanks for the tip, I will go back and retry paying closer attention to exactly what handle is selected to see what I missed.  Maybe clicking that distance measurement changed the selected handle of the object.

Cheers.   :)