Wrapped Openings Issue

blackbeard

Using HDA 2015; Build 16.4.1; intel based pc.  From the Library Browser, selected Architectural, Doors & Doorways, Wrapped Openings, Ellipse (Trim) and places on an interior wall, (Interior 4).  Opening the camera, the doorway is an arch as it should be.  Opened the properties for the doorway, changed the width from 42" to 72" and the height from 80" to 84".  Again, opening the camera but now the wrapped opening is a standard square door opening.  What happened to the arch? 

Using the doorway properties dialog box, arch, puts a true semi circle arch and not an ellipse.  The prior version never did this.  Opening drawings completed for HDA 2015 are not effected when viewing by camera.  Only when a new wrapped opening is used.

Any suggestions?

KevinK

post-509-0-60782900-1440336069_thumb.jpg

post-509-0-45075700-1440336070_thumb.jpg

post-509-0-86978700-1440336070_thumb.jpg

I, too, wasn't able to reproduce the reported behavior in HD Pro 2015.  However, HD Archtectural 2015 has an Arch tab in the doorway specification dialog (as shown in the 2nd image in the original post).  You should be able to use the functionality on that tab to restore the arched opening - or apply other arch shapes as desired.

I did provide the product and version, first sentence. ( Home Designer Architect) HDA, (version) 2015 along with the build value.  As to using the door dialog box, arch, that setting puts a true semi-circle and not an ellipse. DJP, do you have any suggestions?

kevink

Yes please add your info to your Sig.  , see mine for a how to , there are 30 or more versions supported here, all with different capabilities. Thx.

Does HDA not allow you to change the Arch type in the DBX'S drop down  menu?  Perhaps that is only Pro?