Brick/Stone window/door casing

bddemers

Hey guys, a few questions...

1. How do I add a solid stone sill to the exterior windows...like one solid piece of granite? See photo

post-3793-0-99418300-1440213981_thumb.jpg

2. Also, can I shape stone or brick to make the look I want for side and head casing on my doors and windows?

post-3793-0-47946100-1440214305_thumb.jpg

Polylines don't seem to work on 3d view on this like some things.

3. How to add copper french roof over box window or other protruding first floor wall sections? See photo

post-3793-0-18833200-1440214014_thumb.jpg

Thanks for any help!

1.& 2.) Did you try making the casing the thickness and width of a brick and applying brick material to it ?  the Lintel Option may also work for some of them.

but you may have to fake it with Slabs, soffits or custom countertops ...this brickwork is possible in CA but not sure about Pro.

3.) are you talking about copper roofs , or the fact that it has a convex curve?

Yes, I resized the width and depth of the casing and lintel and used the material dropper. Doesn't look right though, especially the top on a round arch window and door. Can I draw something and place it there with polylines?

3. Just like the picture, curved and copper. I'm sure I can manage the copper part with the material dropper, but how do I make the roof....Not positive about how the copper with come out either. though..I can't seem to make my stainless steel appliances look anywhere near right....

Thanks

Here is an idea for the copper roof -- yes, it's upside down, but that can be fixed.

This is a custom counter top with a molding applied, covered with a standing seam roof and painted copper.

Consider using the same idea for the sill, if applying a molding profile to a standard sill does not work. The one in your picture looks curved -- is yours?

post-171-0-26161700-1440219036_thumb.jpg

I guess I'll try sculpting the roof to make a similar look and then use a copper material dropped on it...

I got the files with the stainless and hopefully copper downloaded. Thanks!!

Here is a screen shot of a home designed on Pro. How did they do the brick quoining next to the windows?

post-3793-0-34098000-1440258883_thumb.jpg

With the Quoining Button... is my guess

no I am not joking, there are Auto Quoins too...

Do a search on the Ref. Manual to learn more

My stainless lib. is a standard HD library ,, so it import as normal to your User Lib.  The Metals.zip is just some Pics of different metals I found on the internet or here or CT , so you will need to make a new custom material with those , There is a KBA on how to do that and is how I made the SS Library.

There is also a segmental Arch with Keystone in the millwork Library under Mantels, lintels, Sills

and something like this might work for your 1st pic ...just used the Slab tool  but you can convert it to a countertop too and apply an edge molding for a cleaner look too, like 2nd pic. 

post-25-0-03445100-1440264894_thumb.jpgpost-25-0-65544900-1440264908_thumb.jpg

PS  I'd check 3D Warehouse for your "French Roof"  , the other option is to make it in SU and import it as an Object.

• Upvote 1

Sorry Sketch Up, the standard version is free but Pretty powerful , it's the Program most of 3D Warehouse users make models with...

http://www.sketchup.com/

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/index.html

this guy has some Roofs done in SU ...all in one file which should give you ideas.....no concave Roof unfortunately.

other curved Roofs

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/search.html?q=curved+Roofs&rsi=sbis&backendClass=entity

• Upvote 1