Floor Structure

Soundscapes

I'll try to post it.  It was too large.  What is the preferred method to reduce file size? I understand that 4" is the slab structure.  I have made sure it was "family room" or another type.  I don't see that I am able to change it manually as it is greyed out.

Might make a nice Patio but not sure about the Master bedroom floor :)  ...

***Also SS....It helps if we know what title (Suite, Pro etc) and version you are using. You can add this info to your signature by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click My Settings, then Signature on the left.

Might make a nice Patio but not sure about the Master bedroom floor :)  ...

***Also SS....It helps if we know what title (Suite, Pro etc) and version you are using. You can add this info to your signature by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click My Settings, then Signature on the left.

Thermal mass.  Cool in the summer, warm in the winter, no?

Solver, i think i know what happened.  Way back when, i found the tool where you could paint surfaces with the eyedropper and painter.  I did not really know how to use it and at one point i looked in the house and saw that floor! I think i had the replace all materials button checked.  Problem is, i did not know how to change it.  I dont think i can in HDS2015. It is greyed out.

I am not sure you can "paint" the structure ( thickness onto the Floor) , the flooring would of changed to brick  colour yes but that is it     ( you do have two different hardwoods in the house though)

Eric and I cannot see your Suite DBX's and settings as we automatically see what Pro would allow us to do , so perhaps use the Snipping Tool in Accessories and take a few pics of the screen for us.  So you don't have a Default or Edit button? in the Room's Structure Tab ?

Was the Front Porch (Slab Room) brick at one point by chance ? or the Porch part of inside originally?

The shutters you have over the garage door etc can be done in the Window DBX itself in Pro , are you using those ones in Suite as you don't have that option? those ones aren't touching the wall and are partly "open" is why I noticed them but looks like you are doing great so far except for this slight floor hiccup .

M.

I am not sure you can "paint" the structure ( thickness onto the Floor) , the flooring would of changed to brick  colour yes but that is it     ( you do have two different hardwoods in the house though)

Eric and I cannot see your Suite DBX's and settings as we automatically see what Pro would allow us to do , so perhaps use the Snipping Tool in Accessories and take a few pics of the screen for us.  So you don't have a Default or Edit button? in the Room's Structure Tab ?

Was the Front Porch (Slab Room) brick at one point by chance ? or the Porch part of inside originally?

The shutters you have over the garage door etc can be done in the Window DBX itself in Pro , are you using those ones in Suite as you don't have that option? those ones aren't touching the wall and are partly "open" is why I noticed them but looks like you are doing great so far except for this slight floor hiccup .

M.

I am sure you are correct.  I was just trying to think of when it happened and why.  I remember at one point in a camera view i saw brick everywhere inside!  Given how many changes this has been through, i would be willing to bet that an area at one point in time may have been a slab with brick.

Attached are screenshots.

Well that makes the shutters easier, haha. Thanks for the tip!

post-3659-0-28556900-1439684385_thumb.png

I've tried multiple ways to fix without success. 

Including deleting most of the floor and redrawing. As soon as the rooms are back in place, the brick is back.

I'd send this to tech support. No matter how it got there, you should be able to reset the floor structure to the default.

Very puzzling floor situation.

HDA2015 does NOT have a default box to check  (in the dbx structure tab) next to floor structure (L), so this means that Suite doesn't have it either  (checking that box would fix the problem)

The general tab is checked for use room type, and also for use default for room type. Yet,  the 4" floor structure still won't change to the default 12 5/8", for master bedroom room type.

Open a 3d framing view and vertically tile it next to the 2d plan view.  You can see that there is no floor framing in the rooms with the incorrect floor structure.

Open the master bedroom dbx and change the room type to deck. You can see the floor change in the 3d view.
Re-open the room dbx and change the room type back to master bedroom.  You should now see floor framing in the 3d view, and the structure tab should now show the floor structure (L) as 12 5/8".

I have no idea why this was so stubborn to fix, or why a runaround was necessary to force it to work , but I tried everything else I could think of with no results.
You will have to change each incorrect room individually.

You will now need to make some adjustments in the garage level 0, too.

Also, you have some fixing to do on the 2nd floor if you plan to use it.

I played around abit but had the same results as both of you , it is not the 1st time I have seen this frustrating behaviour of a Room "remembering" it's settings ,even after it has been deleted, if you draw something in the same space again.

I didn't find a way in Pro to fix it permanently , default button works temp. but then it changes back it seems but in x6 it seems the "apply same settings Tool" was able to do it , I have marked the plan so you can open it in Home Designer however I don't know how editable it will be you may still need to Report this to TS and get them to fix it  AND allow Suite to continue working on it  if what I have done doesn't work.

Ahhh Jo_Ann posted as I was typing , I tried multiple other room types and switching back to original but didn't try deck or the other "outdoor rooms" seems to fix it strange thing is the brick is still there "in" the floor , in my x6 plan the brick was turned to a conc. slab but is still hidden in the floor too.....strange still it only shows when you look along the length in cross section , do a cross section the other way and it is gone???? 

front porch cape reduced_MH1_x6.plan

before Jo's fix , After ,Slab in laundry ( same as x6 plan) and closet not brick? and looking the other direction ..all VERY Weird

post-25-0-79064700-1439699673_thumb.jpgpost-25-0-96769600-1439699684_thumb.jpgpost-25-0-85838600-1439699698_thumb.jpgpost-25-0-28885900-1439699711_thumb.jpg

M.

it is in the floor , the structural layer , not the finish , if you look at the material in the Room's Material DBX for the 4 " slab it is red brick , but on the other side in the laundry and closet etc it is the conc. slab as expected (for a 4" slab).

Even the Family room is showing a Brick layer but you can't find it in the DBX's only the cross sections

M.

You all are fantastic!  I did as Jo Ann said and I am on track now. I am glad I was able to give you all a challenge and it wasn't something stupid.  Makes me feel better about myself haha.  I was close, i changed the rooms to slab then back hoping to force a change to no avail.  Thanks to all for the help!!