Triple Pitch Gable Roof coming off a Hip Pitch Roof

JamesAddo

I have a horizontal Hip roof (Bungalow) building of 53 feet long and I'm extending to the back by 24 feet and want to roof of the extended part to be 3 pitch Gable roofs design coming off the hip roof.

Can I generate this automatically or manually and how to go about designing it. Once I have designed the roof I would also like to create an attic room within the Gable Roof.

Any help would be appreciated.

James

please say what software you have and clearly define what you mean by "horizontal hip" (a picture will be helpful). I know what a hip roof is, just not a horizontal one, that is what the software creates by default when ordered. Also what is a triple-pitch-gable (I could guess but I had rather not). DJP

it can be done auto if needed using the same trick as in the Clerestorey tutorial...  ( not that I recommend it due to snow load and leaking issues)

draw the 3 buildings the roof overhang apart ..eg 18" 

post-25-0-59256100-1439328321_thumb.jpg

set the wall Roof directives and build the Roof , then Turn off Auto Build roofs

delete the interior walls and rejoin the front wall into one wall.

post-25-0-35708900-1439328335_thumb.jpg post-25-0-55084800-1439328347_thumb.jpg

however if you turn roofs on again the roof will turn into one large Gable roof again.

Thanks everyone for your excellent advice. I tried all suggestions and finally opted for the manual option. It allowed me to control and vary the pitch of the roofs. It was very difficult to do and I definitely need more practice.

Thanks again, very much appreciated for the advice.

James