Export to AutoCAD - flattened

RollingStone

I've exported my design to .dxf with and without the "separate wall assemblies" check box selected.  People I'm sending them to report that they open but are "flattened."  All three floors are on-top of each other.  Is there a way to fix this problem?  It seems all the architects and engineers I've talked to have AutoCAD or something other than Chief so exchanging design files is a big problem.

If I export each floor, then how will the overall structure be rebuilt in AutoCAD?  Seems like it's missing all the key height data etc.?  Is the product not really compatible at all?  It's a problem as nearly everyone has AutoCAD and no one I've dealing with has Chief.

I work with Architect and Engineers who use AutoCAD and share my drawings with them and vice versa. What I suggested above is the method AutoCAD users prefer (one floor at a time, then a separate export for each elevation view (4). I have never found a use for exporting all floors, stacked one on another, it just creates a chaotic mess for anyone to later try to sort out. Construction documents are basically 2D, 3D is not commonly used in plans or construction documents.

DJP