Brick pattern tile layout

ECIDesigner

Hi everyone, 

I am having problems changing the tile layout for a bathroom. 

So far I copied a tile from Daltile (StarkWhite EX01) and made a copy and pasted it into my User catalog. I successfully changed the size and changed it from "tile" to "Brick" to change the layout. I was able to change the size but the layout is giving me problems. I want a brick layout, but I can not get it to show up in my rendering as brick layout. It seems correct in the sample box photo, but it does not show up as brick layout on the floor. It is a straight run. 

Am I missing a step? 

Thanks for any advice! 

What you are trying to do doesn't work well in HD as you cannot change the "Layout" of the Texture (picture) while as you have seen the Pattern file for Vector view is easily done as it is just colours. HD (and Chief) use repeating Patterns for applying the pic (texture) , so if the texture of the Tile is of a single tile as in this case HD cannot turn it into a Running Bond (brick) Layout.

easiest  thing to do is find a Brick Pattern (Running Bond)  tile in the Library of approx. the right size and then apply the colour - EXO1 stark white to it , not the material.

you could make you own brick pattern Stark White Texture file in Paint or Irfanview with the grout lines too if really needed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...