Nice bricks

Keith_K

When I am working on a plan and I open the library browser and put "brick" into the search option I can see some really interesting bricks of various colours and textures which I would like to use. For instance Beachwalk and Hartford are two which I jotted down

However if I click on a wall and open the materials dialogue Library>Core Catalogue>Architectural>Materials>Masonry & Stone>Bricks>Natural bricks all I am offered are the absolutely boring ones shown in the attachment. The better ones that I saw in the library browser don't appear on the list.

How can I get the nice ones into my library? Please?

post-52-0-01598700-1403175725_thumb.jpg

I didn't phrase my opening post at all well because I was in a hurry.  In fact it didn't make much sense as it was originally written so I have edited it.  Maybe now you'll be ab;e to get what I was trying to say.  :wacko:

You are Looking in HD Core Library not the Manufacturers Libraries   eg  Eldorado Stone  (BeachWalk , I don't have a Hartford in '10 )

If you Find something in the Browser like that , right click the Item and it should give you the option to "open it in the Browser"

which will take to the normal Library "Tree"

M.

You can also go to Acme Brick Co or others like Boral and select a texture you like, and then import that into the Library Browser as a custom Material (Right-Click in the LB and select "New Material" then follow the dialogs to create, name and import whatever you like). There is a reasonable assortment of Brick that you can download from the HD website called "Cultured Stone" that has an assortment of brick colors as well.

DJP

If you use I.E. and hit Save , not Save As (which lets you choose where it is saved) , I.E. always (Win7)  puts it in your User Folder under Downloads eg.

C:\Users\ {your-name]\Downloads

In Chrome it is the same folder as above but you can set a specific Folder for all downloads and/or have it ask you where to save each time too...in the advanced settings menu.

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95574?hl=en