Newbie: Changing the size of a cooktop

brucelan

I admit that I am a newbie but here goes.

I have my base cabinets placed properly.  I want to now put a 30" gas cooktop in.  The only one in the library is called Large Gas Rangetop.  I drag it on to my drawing.

When I try to select it, the base is selected instead of the cooktop.  I figured out that using the tab key allows me to select the next object (in this case the cooktop itself).  But for the life of me, I can't figure out how to open it to change the dimension from 36" to 30".

Any thoughts or guidance would be appreciated.

If a symbol doesn't fit  , some of them will allow you to place them on the floor ( ignore warning message)  and then open them as normal ,alter the size and then use the Ctrl Key to slide them into the Cabinet....

That one might look a bit squashed though as it is 48" wide......  don't forget if you know what you may want to look on 3D Warehouse for the model of the Unit you may use...

M.

But for the life of me, I can't figure out how to open it to change the dimension from 36" to 30".

DJP is correct -- you can resize, and I should have been clearer. I was responding to the above. You don't "open" a cooktop to modify it.

You don't change a 36" cooktop into a 30" like you do a cabinet.