Annoying terrain

RollingStone

Is there a better way to get the terrain for a walkout basement.  The sw keeps doing stupid stuff and doesn't seem to get the idea of having specific depths.  I put a bunch of elevation lines in and get the results shown where at transition points you get weird stuff.  Elevation region doesn't seem to do anything at all.

post-3468-0-97997900-1437524133_thumb.jpg

Maybe I should just start over.  Can someone give me step-by-step on how to do the attached?  I want a window well and a walk-out door.  Steps from the door will go up 4-5 steps than turn right to reach grade.  I have used elevation lines to try and get the slope but Chief keeps doing stupid things on the ends.  Used terrain features for the steps.

post-3468-0-67570400-1437529250_thumb.jpg

#1. Just because the walls appear to be connected, doesn't mean that they really are.  Pull all walls back and let them 're-snap'.

#2. You have to uncheck 'flatten terrain' if you want it to slope.

#3.  What I see in your pic, is a window 'well' and a door and stair 'well'.  Create the wells as explained in the kb article, and then add the stairs.

https://www.homedesignersoftware.com/support/article/KB-00862/creating-a-window-well-for-an-egress.html