Import DXF

mark2457

I often use .dxf and .dwg graphic files, I have never used a .dxf text file. You might want to ask Chief Architect Sales or Tech Support or perhaps the Reference Manual for precise data about such files. I have used this software professionally for almost 30 years without needing to use such a file, sorry.

DJP

Hi Guys

Anyone had any luck importing DXF files?

I want to purchase a site plan on line and import into HD Pro 10. But all I get is the database conversion dialog for hours (file attached, but with txt extension because I can't upload DXF)

Regards

mark

Hi David

It's a regular DXF file, but for some bizarre reason you can't upload dxf files to this forum, so I added the .txt extension so the forum software doesn't complain

For future reference, just compressing the DXF file so it has the .zip file extension would be easier to understand than adding a random different file extension.

That being said, I was able to import the DXF in to Pro 2016 without a problem when it was saved to my Desktop.  Took probably less than a second. 

Maybe it is in a format that the older Pro 10 didn't support?  I'm not sure when that version was released, but maybe see if you can use a free DXF converter to save it to an older AutoCAD compatibility that probably would've worked with Pro 10.

Update: According to this Knowledge Base article, Pro 10 was released in 2010.

• Upvote 1

Hi David

It's a regular DXF file, but for some bizarre reason you can't upload dxf files to this forum, so I added the .txt extension so the forum software doesn't complain

Thanks

I bought Pro 10 a few years back for a big remodel. Can't justify the upgrade to latest version. Will try and find a dxf converter