Internal dimensions

IngeJones

I have measured the inside of my room.  I cannot measure the outside.  Now I want to draw a room to match the internal measurements.  How do I draw the walls so they obey the required internal dimensions?  It seems to me I can either get them to obey the middle or the outer edge but not the actual room size!  I have tried dragging them but it's impossible to drag them just the right amount.

There is specifically an "Internal Dimension" tool in every Home Designer title and version. It is specifically designed to drag between two walls and will automatically create an accurate interior dimension between two walls, every time. Part of learning software is learning what tools are available and what they are used for, take a look please.

DJP

Thank you, I am using Home Designer Essentials.   I have tried following this page: https://www.homedesignersoftware.com/support/article/KB-00245/moving-walls-using-dimensions.html but when I select the wall, the internal dimension as shown in the illustration does not appear.  I have only the external ones.

I would be grateful if someone would tell me where to turn it on, or find the tool.

Edit:  Oh, I don't think that is in my version.  Is there an alternative way for me?

Nifty!  Thank you David.  Then I can nudge the wall using my arrow keys and watch the dimension value change till I have the size I want.   Thank you so much for taking the time to do that for me.  :)

• If there's already a dimension (like Auto Exterior dimensions), then a separate temporary dimension won't display. 

None of the Home Designer programs allow you to edit how Temporary Dimensions locate walls and other objects like the Chief Premier version does.

You can use the Interior Dimension tool (if your version has it) to manually drawn dimensions, or if it doesn't, use the Manual Dimension tool and relocate the dimension ends after the dimension has been placed.

• Upvote 1