transfer library items

I use both Home Designer Pro 10 and Arch 2012, how can I transfer saved library items (that I have custom created) from one of those versions to the other ?

I know it may seem odd that I use both but over the years I've used both versions off and on for various reasons.  

In the application you wish to share a Library with you open the LIbrary Browser-navigate to the intended library or symbol you wish to share - right-click on it in the Library Browser and select "export library", save the intended item or items to a new name and location for later importing into your target application. I cannot vouch for being able to export from one application of a different age and then importation into another application. I do know that applications that are the same version can share files, I am not sure about dissimilar versions being able to do this (you can try and see).

DJP

I don't believe 10' can read any 12' plans or library files as there is no backwards compatibility (it's designed that way) But 12' should read 10' files okay ?

Calib files are the info. files of the Calibz file basically, but they do not contain the textures (colours/materials etc) whether you can add the textures back  in the other version I don't know ,but am doubtful.