European Catalogs Available?

Basilisk

So I really like this product and I'm thinking of buying the Home Designer Pro edition. But before I take that step I would really like to know if there are any Catalogs for European companies in the library. Or is this product strictly focused on the North American market?

Regards,

Baz

what's not in HD libraries can often be had on 3D Warehouse in many cases and then imported into Pro , there are several UK and Euro users we see here fairly often. 

They are actually trying to increase the Libraries and have asked Users to contact Companies they like and request HD Libraries be made , so Companies will know the Public wants this and will Work with them to make the Library.

M.

Thank you Kbird1,

Appreciate your quick response. I was hoping one of the Euros would drop in their two cents as well.

Is there a place where the Euro users discuss this subject? From your words I assume there must be a place where all of this is coordinated.

Regards,

Baz

Not Really , this Forum is the best place for all things related to Home Designer , when I mentioned "They" above I meant HomeDesigner/Chief Architect (the Company), they have requested Users email/use Social Media to get Manufacturers interested in working with them. They have been actively updating Libraries again this year now 2016/ X7 was released (and ported to MacOS).

If you are a Sketchup User you can also make your own objects and import them too if you can't find anything to suit on 3Dwarehouse, many Euro Companies like KARE have large numbers of Models (3000+) free online , though not all models import well due to the way there are made.

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/index.html

Many Chief Users also make symbols (which HD can't do) and post them online too in the ChiefTalk Symbols Forum , so you can find/ask question there too, only limitation is you can only import models from the same year or older versions (same as opening plans)

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/index.php?/forum/9-symbols-and-content/

Hi again,

Now that I read your reply again that makes more sense :). Meanwhile I purchased the Home Designer Pro version, designed my first home and installed some items from the 3D warehouse.

Thx again,

Baz