Gable walls dont generate

LawB10

Hello,

When I choose not to display attics walls, all full gable walls dont generate including when " ceiling above this room is

unchecked". In the wall specifacation, the full gable wall option is checked.

Anyone know what would cause this problem?

Thanks

post-3421-0-08311800-1436310110_thumb.jpgpost-3421-0-31474200-1436310126_thumb.jpgpost-3421-0-90017000-1436310140_thumb.jpgpost-3421-0-27127100-1436310164_thumb.jpg

perhaps I misunderstand ?  but if you don't allow Attic walls to display ( in Display Options)  what would you expect too see ? , the Walls are likely generating , you just aren't allowing them to show....

M. 

Kbird and solver,

I think you guys miss the point, according this article in the KB  http://www.homedesignersoftware.com/support/article/KB-01102/  the attic/gable wall should generate even if the attic wall display option is turned off.  That is purpose of that option so that you don't see them in 3d views. As we know they can make

the room(s) look ugly. lol

QUESTION

How can I turn off the display of the Attic walls that the program automatically generates so that I don't see them in my floor plan views?

Each view -- Plan, 3D, has its own set of display options.

If you turn off the display of attic walls in the 3D view, they will not show.

If you turn them off in plan view, they will not display in plan view, but will display in 3D views.

• Upvote 1

QUESTION

How can I turn off the display of the Attic walls that the program automatically generates so that I don't see them in my floor plan views?

Each view -- Plan, 3D, has its own set of display options.

If you turn off the display of attic walls in the 3D view, they will not show.

If you turn them off in plan view, they will not display in plan view, but will display in 3D views.

solver,

Each plan you create has it's display options set by you the user. Other than that, the options are the same.

Respectfully, you're response does not answer the question. The four (4) images are in 3d view, further it doesn't matter what view your in 2d or 3d if the option is turned off, the attic walls will not show.  As the article states :  

Now automatically generated Attic Walls will no longer display in your floor plan view, yet will still fill in the gaps between your Full Gable Walls and roof planes in 3D Camera views.

This is what it's NOT doing.

yes it is very important to understand that EVERY VIEW in HD software has its very own Display Options   DBX  accessed while that view is active.

So...

Turn on Attic walls in any 3D view

Turn them off in Plan View if you want to per the KB article.

Folks I understand all that and I get it.

I interpreted that to mean even if turned off in 3d the gable and vaulted ceiling attic wall stayed, everything else disappeared.

This issue started after I installed the update, I didn't have that problem before.