Deck skirting

jykel_43

I think this should work in HDA , you'll have to try as I don't use HDA , but in the Pic I used a Fence Panel (tongue and groove here) altered to the right height and slide under the deck edge.

you may need to turn off deck beams and posts in the 3D view so they don't show through the skirting as I did too...

post-25-0-74066500-1436249722_thumb.jpg

there is lattice in this library that will work too and doesn't need the "fence"  each panel is separate and just placed in the right location.

http://3dlibrary.chiefarchitect.com/index.php?r=site/detail/780

post-25-0-44908200-1436250521_thumb.jpg

In addition to what's already been suggested, there's also bonus catalog called "Wire and Lattice Material" which has a selection of lattice materials.

http://3dlibrary.chiefarchitect.com/index.php?r=site/detail/961

These work great applied to something like a Closed box shape from the Library Browser reshaped under a deck, which is much quicker/easier than trying to use a fence or lattice symbols, IMHO.

• Upvote 1

In addition to what's already been suggested, there's also bonus catalog called "Wire and Lattice Material" which has a selection of lattice materials.

http://3dlibrary.chiefarchitect.com/index.php?r=site/detail/961

These work great applied to something like a Closed box shape from the Library Browser reshaped under a deck, which is much quicker/easier than trying to use a fence or lattice symbols, IMHO.

Hi - what do you mean here - sorry, 'applied to something like a closed box shape' ? The lattice objects in my HDPro 16 either squeeze everything to a new size or retain and aspect ratio - which just miniaturises or expands the look and scale of the lattice  - from my use anyway. Thanks

I think the news ones Kat referred to are Materials you apply to say a fence Panel of other object whereas the ones I mentioned in the Landscape Accents Library are Symbols (objects) so they work differently and can be resized more easily from the premade panels provided.

Hi - what do you mean here - sorry, 'applied to something like a closed box shape' ? The lattice objects in my HDPro 16 either squeeze everything to a new size or retain and aspect ratio - which just miniaturises or expands the look and scale of the lattice - from my use anyway. Thanks

Sounds like you're still using the lattice symbol objects, not the materials from the bonus catalog applied to resized shapes like a "Closed" box or a Wedge.

post-35-0-07373700-1436805414_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

You can still create your own custom lattice material which accomplishes the same thing.  Just use a Google image search for something like "lattice png" to find and save a photograph of a material that already has the transparency for in between the lattice.  Most will probably already be set up to tile well across a large surface.