Shed Roof between Gables

georgiapatriot

I'm designing a small house (rectangle) with 2 small gables on the front of the home. In between those 2 gables is where I have a porch, and I simply want to place a shed roof over the porch in between the two gables. When I try it, I get all kind of screwy roof designs. I've attached an elevation of the plan. Please help.

The main body roof is on an 8/12 but I'm going to put that shed roof over the porch on a 4/12

post-3214-0-89585300-1436178635_thumb.jpg

Good to see you found HT  GP  :)

if Jo's advice doesn't work for some reason (it should)  and you need more help post the plan file , after closing the file in HD

and please fill in you Profile signature so we know which software you have, thx.

M.

Good to see you found HT  GP  :)

if Jo's advice doesn't work for some reason (it should)  and you need more help post the plan file , after closing the file in HD

and please fill in you Profile signature so we know which software you have, thx.

M.

It worked but it changed the main body ridge height at a length the same as the length of the porch.  As if the "run" in that section of the roof had an additional 6' (depth of porch) added to it. How can I keep the main body ridge from moving?

Open the front wall of the porch, roof tab.  Set the pitch to 4/12. 

Check the upper pitch box.

Set the upper pitch to 8/12.

Set the in from baseline to whatever depth the porch room is (8' ?)

Thank you Jo Ann. It kinda worked but it moved the main body ridge which I didn't want to do.

It worked but it changed the main body ridge height at a length the same as the length of the porch.  As if the "run" in that section of the roof had an additional 6' (depth of porch) added to it. How can I keep the main body ridge from moving?

can you  post the plan ,saves having to redraw ,just to test for you....thanks...

are you using HD PRO 2016 or X7?  ( your sig. is confusing the issue)   though as far as roofs go most functions are available in both.