Porch Creation with Different Roof Pitches

cxcarter

cx ------ you had the plan open in HD Pro when you zipped it up (plan is 0kb file) , plan needs to be closed , HD Pro doesn't though.

*** correct plan now above

for something like this you can just post the plan file direct if under 25mb , most should have the textures on there system already if you used standard items.

sounds like you may need to use the Upper Pitch box in the Wall's DBX though,  3/12 and then 8/12 in the upper pitch box and set the in from baseline to about the width of the porch

post-25-0-90395000-1435659703_thumb.jpg

M.

The settings in the pic above work , ie 3" 8" and I used 152" in from the baseline.

I did have to fix the roof manually in the corner at the garage

I also dropped the room height to 8' and then set it back to default so it built again nicely at the ceiling.

I agree with Eric , you  have some messy attic walls around the porch.... and a structural brick wall running back thru the house, on top of a standard interior wall ( in line with the Porch wall on the side)

post-25-0-20282200-1435701002_thumb.jpg

M.

Here is the modified plan. 

Check the roof planes around the porch, and the attic walls above the porch.

Eric,

I'm new to this software and arena and appreciate you taking the time to assist me in this endeavor.  The floor plan is exactly what I am looking for; however, I'm hopeful that I may gain an understanding on how you got there.  When I tried setting the porch wall: lower/upper 3/12 & 8/12 with baseline set at 144" with an auto build set, the outcome was close but not the same.  On a side note: the program automatically created the undesireable attic walls for some reason what is the best way to remove them without causing issues?

• Upvote 1

hi , I am not sure which roof you havewant as they are actually different , Eric's porch roof is a single plane at 3/12 , while mine is what I thought you asked for with the 3/12 and 8/12 over the house wall but I may have misunderstood? my base is at 150 (152) inch as that is where your structural wall layer is, that will carry the roof load , though that maybe unimportant these days using trusses if the porch wall is the structural load wall, so 144" should be fine

I am not sure what your comment about the floor plan means ?  I don't see a difference

Is the porch roof not tied into the garage roof at the same fascia height ?  see my pic vs eric's

Attic walls are automatic , and will come back if you don't fix whatever is causing them, ie if the Roof plane is short of a parallel wall it may let part of another wall "popup" thru the roof.

-post your new plan or pics

post-25-0-81041900-1435774193_thumb.jpg

post-25-0-33302700-1435774208_thumb.jpg

hi , I am not sure which roof you havewant as they are actually different , Eric's porch roof is a single plane at 3/12 , while mine is what I thought you asked for with the 3/12 and 8/12 over the house wall but I may have misunderstood? my base is at 150 (152) inch as that is where your structural wall layer is, that will carry the roof load , though that maybe unimportant these days using trusses if the porch wall is the structural load wall, so 144" should be fine

I am not sure what your comment about the floor plan means ?  I don't see a difference

Is the porch roof not tied into the garage roof at the same fascia height ?  see my pic vs eric's

Attic walls are automatic , and will come back if you don't fix whatever is causing them, ie if the Roof plane is short of a parallel wall it may let part of another wall "popup" thru the roof.

-post your new plan or pics

I most likely presented it incorrectly.  I was actually looking for the layout that Eric produced.    When I set the values above I received what you are depicting and expected Eric's results - that was the difference I was speaking of.  The porch is definitely tied into the garage roof at the same fascia height.  I am looking for the steps that were taken to achieve Eric's outcome.

This one has the porch roof fascia matching the garage. Open the porch roof plane and set its fascia height to match that of the main roof. You will need to reconnect the roofs as they will no longer join correctly.

Also check the overhangs on the porch roof. They don't match the house.

Is this a new house or existing?

Nevada_House_Plan_2421-SF_06_20_15 x3.plan

This one has the porch roof fascia matching the garage. Open the porch roof plane and set its fascia height to match that of the main roof. You will need to reconnect the roofs as they will no longer join correctly.

Also check the overhangs on the porch roof. They don't match the house.

Is this a new house or existing?

Thanks.  This is a new house.

I most likely presented it incorrectly.  I was actually looking for the layout that Eric produced.    When I set the values above I received what you are depicting and expected Eric's results - that was the difference I was speaking of.  The porch is definitely tied into the garage roof at the same fascia height.  I am looking for the steps that were taken to achieve Eric's outcome.

yes just some terminology differences , you said floor plan , so when I looked at the plan view I couldn't find a difference.... no worries....

I'll have another look if Eric hasn't gotten it for you in his latest plan.

M.