Brick-built stairs - how to do it?

Vman888

Hi everyone,

I had a look around on google and forums but couldn't exactly find a way to build brick-built stair cases in Home Designer Suite 2016.

Is there a trick? The wooden stairs that are standard supplied fit with very few home designs IMO. Especially for exterior applications. 

Would very much appreciate any tips and hints on how to approach this.

Thanks much

Vman

Example

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSlwVm_vkgyvvp37qpWzzrXmcFXv0kHHoRlNv2MbotM17Sy71uQHw

do you want brick stairs or semi circular brick stairs ? two different animals especially in Suite.

if you change all the staircase materials ----  tread/riser/support wall to brick and uncheck open riser and open underneath, you will have a Brick stair , or concrete ,or whatever material you choose ..tile etc.

M.

post-25-0-31957100-1435630231_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I'm finally back on my project.

Was wondering if anyone knew how to make the railing into a solid low height wall.

I tried experimenting with glass panels but I couldn't figure out how to put solid walls.

Any help much appreciated.

Rgds

Do you have straight railings in Suite?

it is possible, just not sure if Suite can do it ?

I used straight Railings in the Pic but if you don't have them try Solid Railings and change the material for the interior and exterior wall to brick and the rail if possible

post-25-0-87097700-1436729151_thumb.jpg

Vman,

First build you're stairs, in the style specification box uncheck everything and change the overhang to 0

In the railing specifation box uncheck railing on: both left and right.

Click on the wall tool and choose the half wall tool and make a room, making sure the stairs are touching the walls and add a doorway.

Make the room larger than the stairs and edit, uncheck the roof and ceiling box, you may  have too adjust floor© to -10 or lower

Open Moldings, uncheck the default and delete the base and crown moldings. Click OK and readjust the walls back to the stairs

Open the materials library and go for it.

If the stairs are not touching the walls, the walls won't follow the stairs.

If you use the rail tool, the rail won't follow the stairs.

post-3421-0-30650300-1436827054_thumb.jpgpost-3421-0-40612800-1436827091_thumb.jpg

The attached examples are with and without a landing.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...