Site Plan

English

Go to solution Solved by English,

I need help with a site plan.  I followed the tutorial on How to Create a Site Plan in HD Pro but I cannot get my boundary text large enough.  If you look at the screen shot the tutorial says to select Plot Plan Text Style in Default settings but I don't have those options -- just default label, default text, room label styles, and ¼" text.  None of these makes the text large enough.

Alan

post-2501-0-95202000-1435252823_thumb.png

You should let them know the Tutorial is wrong (done in a different version? perhaps Chief?)  so they can fix it 

in the mean time select the Contour Line style instead , and then go to Default >text styles>Contour line style>edit and perhaps double the text size

You should let them know the Tutorial is wrong (done in a different version? perhaps Chief?)  so they can fix it 

in the mean time select the Contour Line style instead , and then go to Default >text styles>Contour line style>edit and perhaps double the text size

Mike

How do I change what I have to Contour Lines?

Thanks

Alan

I have 2016 trial and don't see Plot Plan there , I also have X7 and it's not there either , maybe it was in 2014 (x5) or something?

I just followed the tut. and Contour lines was the closest text style to a Plot line so I just changed to that for the default text style for the CAD-Default Layer, the drop down no longer looks like the Tut.  pic though ,there are perhaps 15 choices now as text styles came in with 2015/x6.

Do you have Edit-defaults_text_text styles?  there should be options in there too.

Not at my computer this morning, but post the plan, and i'll look later

Plan wasn't started in an older version was it?

If you can it might be an idea to call the 1-800# Support no#, before the weekend.

• Solution

Mick

I got a quick response from tech support -- reply below.  I see that they also added the ability to draw set backs.  Unfortunately you cannot have different set backs for each boundary line. 

Alan

Thank you for bringing this inconsistency to our attention. It appears that the Plot Plan Text Style exists only in certain plan style templates. 

We have corrected and republished this article so that it will now work regardless of which plan style template is being used. Specifically, under the section ‘To change the display to decimal feet and bearings’, we have added a step showing you how to create the Text Style “Plot Plan Text Style”. You should be able to follow the updated article now without further issue.
For your convenience, here is another link to the article: http://www.homedesignersoftware.com/support/article/KB-00576

that's great , they added a whole new section to the KB , so thanks for reporting it , I see you now have to go in where I said above and add it in if needed.  

I opened the default profile.plan in Chief which I never use as I have my own Template , and these are the settings there

post-25-0-42537000-1435348545_thumb.jpg