Strange Wall Behavior

English

I was creating a dormer and had drawn all the walls, roof opening etc. and it looked just fine in 3D.  All of a sudden the front wall changed to a stone veneer (see screen shot).  I deleted the front wall and using the handle of the left hand wall drew a new wall.  But whatever I do the wall has a stone veneer even though the wall type is a standard 4" siding.  I thought maybe the file had gotten corrupted so I shut down HA and reopened the plan but the stone veneer persists.  If I draw a new exterior wall anywhere else in the plan it appears normal -- a 4" siding.

Any ideas what's going on?
Thanks

Alan

post-2501-0-99946900-1434720693_thumb.png

David

I watched the video but am not understanding what wall poly lines has to do with the stone veneer on a siding wall.  I even tried copying and pasting another wall to the same location and it still shows a stone veneer.

Alan

The wall sticking through the roof planes can be edited as in the video to whatever shape you desire, its material can be changed by changing the wall type or by changing the material of the wall, via its wall specification dialog - materials tab, your choice.

DJP

I don't know, but I have seen this behavior myself and never understood the cause. My suspicion is use of the Material Eyedropper which I use all the time. 

Often I notice in a 3D view after making multiple changes in plan.

I did draw in your other dormer and it worked fine.

FYI....It has never been a good idea in CA or HD , to use the "Painting Tools", especially extensively, it seems to cause a number of weird issues, it is much better if at all possible to use the Wall definition or the Wall's own DBX to change the material there.

M