Custom bathtub/minipool

Kenny_Lundback

I'm trying to make a custom bathtub so i went ahead and starting to create blocks like i wanted it to be with the slab tool and then when i was supposed to extract a hole for the actual bath then i cant find that tool anywhere.

Normally you kinda add a new block and just extract that from the other. Is there some secret button I'm totally missing now?

I don't intent to use any objects from the library.

Please help me if you have any advice.

post-3244-0-45087000-1434484613_thumb.jpg

I don't think Pro had Solids Subtraction ? so you would need to build it to the shape you need assuming you aren't just trying to make a deck to drop a Tub into?

this is the common way to do things like this

http://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-01264/

lots of good info on both KB's actually for all your questions and always a good place to start.

http://www.homedesignersoftware.com/support/database.html

http://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/database.html

Normally you kinda add a new block and just extract that from the other. Is there some secret button I'm totally missing now?

That would be a feature only offered in the more advanced Chief Premier software. 

You could create something similar in SketchUp using their tools and then import the symbol, or you can do like Mick suggests and follow the software's instructions to use Base Cabinets to create the tub deck.

• Upvote 1

Not showing off Mick!  Just wanted to show Kenny that by adding an additional thin countertop to each step (the tread), the pattern on the thin countertop can be changed to be more normal looking, as it would be when applied on a step.  Lots of things are possible to customize.

No plan to show, because I didn't save it.   It's just a custom shaped countertop!   :)

Does anyone put those in bathrooms any more -- thought they went out in the eighties.   I work with a remodel contractor and he is always tearing those things out and putting in a claw tub or jetted tub.

Alan

I have been away and have not been able to reply to your questions and answers. However you did not read everything i said completely :D "I don't intent to use any objects from the library." meaning no bathtubs etc, just building a "pool" like bathtub from blocks. I did later understand i could just do this with allot of slabs to make it look ok but i did the easy way and just added a object as an example, the real bathtub will however be created from scratch.

However i did also understand i could still use slabs but i just need a bit more of them :)

post-3244-0-25226200-1435006660_thumb.jpg

post-3244-0-04110700-1435006669_thumb.jpg

post-3244-0-31606500-1435006677_thumb.jpg