Floor Missing

Alfiejay

Go to solution Solved by Jo_Ann,

I have created a model for a yacht but my lower floor is missing. I needed 4 levels so I created a basement level, and 3 other floors. On the basement level, the water is  coming through the wall and the floor is missing over most of that level. Can anyone give me any suggestions on how to fix? I tried to upload the file but it was too large. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Alfiejay

Yacht Needs Help.planpost-342-0-50943200-1434328415_thumb.png

Nice piece of Work...

There is a broken wall on Level 1,

post-25-0-55163600-1434341486_thumb.jpg

however I think it is because you didn't let  HD built the Foundation level Automatically ( same as English Eric) so what you are seeing is what is known as the "virtual slab" , which is normally shown upto the point when you "build the foundation". 

If you goto build>foundation and let it build ( in a test plan) it builds fine but only under half the ship at this point.... due to the fact you used Railings etc on the front and rear , but should be fixable....  you might want to turn off footings on your foundation too or make them the same width as the wall. 

post-25-0-29507800-1434341525_thumb.jpg

I'd draw this starting with floor 1 as the lowest level, and not use a basement/foundation/floor 0.

Here is a tip for drawing a shape like the hull. Draw a CAD line that represents the centerline (keel).

Now draw half the hull to one side of the line. Once you have the shape correct, Copy the walls, then Reflect About the CAD line to produce a perfect mirror image. You could do this for any items that are the same side to side, like the stairs on the back.

Since you have Pro AlfieJ , you can try this, I had the same thoughts as Eric actually , so to fix it at this stage , I went to 0 level , Inserted a floor , forcing it up to Level 1 , I then select the walls and removed the Footings from them all and used a Slab , shaped to the hull to make a bottom for the Ship.

I made the slab 6" thick and 2" above the floor but you may want to play with those settings.

you have a stray piece of wall floating out to one side too...see the pic.

post-25-0-80505200-1434393950_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

• Solution

If you open every one of the wall sections on level 0, and uncheck 'foundation wall', the floor reappears.

Like Kbird said, there is a rogue wall section south of the ship (on level 0).

I also noticed that there is a gap between floors 0 & 1, at the front (south) side of the ship.

Wow thank you all so much for your help. I did make the floor 1 by creating one side and copying it to the other. I also, did let the lower level (0) be created by level 1. But Jo_Ann idea worked great! Once I unchecked foundation wall on level 0, the floor reappeared. Thank you so much everyone.

Alfiejay