Need a SKP file that will work with Pro 10

Evolution

I am task w/ doing a concept plan for a developer of Assisted Living and I am in need of a model of the typical "PTAC" thru wall HVAC unit used in motels and hospital nursing homes typical. The Trimble 3d warehouse has one but it is SKP 8 series and Pro 10 can't open it. I did an HVAC search in my library under HVAC but nothing more than window AC or the typical generic stuff comes up. Ideas appreciated. PS: I am not good at modeling at sketch up so I have not attempted to do my own because of time.

post-30-0-55246900-1402585682_thumb.jpg

I found a free skp 7, but it wants me to download all this other stuff I don't need/want so when I don't accept it, it closes and I don't see any way to continue without accepting all the add-ons. I keep checking "skip" but that doesn't do anything but take me back to the same screen over and over.

So, I finally was able to find a skp program I could download but it is 2014......and every attempt I have made to save the SKP 8 file as 7 version didn't work. In fact, as soon as I opened it in the 2014 SKP program, it converted to the 2014 version and I can't change it back =(

Just download the version 8 file you found on Trimble , open it in Sketchup 8 , goto File>save as> in the bottom of the Save As DBX change the .sketchup models , with the drop down menu to sketchup V7 , ( change file name if wanted ) and now you have the V7 file you need.

Nevermind   found the file you wanted on Trimble and converted to V7 for you..... 

ptac_V7.zip

PS you cant post .skp file to the forum they have to be "zipped" 1st

The Only .skp program is Sketchup from Google , it is now at version 2014...other programs can read .skp though. the new Warehouse should have virus free files be careful where you download other stuff

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/

Hi Bob I see you got, great.

a bit more info for you and others who read this..........

you don't need to open the .skp in sketchup at all, HD(Pro) will import it okay if it is already a version 7 or below file in Pro 10.

(each HD title/year will import different files)

Don't know about SU2014 but Version 8 of sketchup lets me SAVE AS to any earlier version easily.

you will get the convert error message when you open a .skp from any version other than the Program's version you are using , so you just need to be careful and use SAVE AS ( version needed) rather than just hitting save, if you do that it will save as 2014 or whatever version you have. Newer versions of Sketchup can also save as .dae files which are for MAC computers too, so you should also be able to import a .dae into Sketchup and convert it using SAVE AS to a .skp of the version needed to use in Windows too.

• 7 months later...

I have imported several items successfully from the 3D Warehouse though occasionally run into problems with the way materials are displayed. I have very little/no Sketchup knowledge and am at a loss as to how to fix these issues. For example, materials on some items of furniture appear mixed-up and ill-fitting once imported though when viewed in Sketchup they appear perfect. I have read some information which indicated it might be a "directional face" problem though I have no idea what that means. Has anyone else experienced these issues or can anyone shed some light? Would certainly make my life easier :-)

Home designer titles don't have the ability to "fix" symbols so if it is bad , you will need to fix in sketchup and save to the correct version of sketchup for your version of HD.  ( you don't provide your name ,version or title in your signature ,OS etc   so I cant be specific. ( see my sig)

3D Warehouse does have some good models but many are made by students for there "portfolios"  so YMMV....

M..

Sorry, I'm a pretty occasional user. My name is my username. I have Home Designer 10 (I think). I always re-save any Sketchup files as version 7 before importing. I'm just confused as to what makes some appear weird after importation. I understand Home Designer doesn't have the ability to "fix" bad symbols though how do I know what's actually wrong with them when they appear perfectly fine in Sketchup? How do I fix what looks like a perfect 3D model? Cheers.

Sorry not much help as I don't know sketchup ...maybe you can spin the component in 3D space (in sketchup and resave)  that is wrong if it's "directional face" is indeed facing the wrong way , probably better to ask on the Sketch Forums.

if I find a bad symbol I usually just go back and find another similar one that is good as only Chief has the ability to modify symbols.

M.