Customize Deck Handrail

Joanna

I am designing a simple deck for a pub to accommodate up to 120 people.  I want the top hand rail to act like a stand up bar counter to put your drink/beer on.  The top rail is to be 8"x1" board with a 1"x1" strip along outside of the railing relative to the deck.

How do I do this?

Please advise as it would be greatly appreciated. 

IF you have Home Designer Pro you will be in better shape relative to choice than the other titles, what do you have? (that defines what your choices are then).

Chief Architect Premier offers the greatest ability and choice. Never the less, whatever you have I am sure it will be possible to do as you wish, can you please say what software you use and post a sketch of exactly what you want to end up with please.

DJP

David is correct , even a sketch on a piece of paper and a pic from your phone would help. What title you have will effect the answer but if nothing else Soffits on the Cabinet menu will work I think.

Seen from a Contractor's point of view , since this is Real, I would use 2X material for the Rail Top as a 1x that wide is going to Cup badly or crack is my guess.

see my Sig. below if you need help posting Pics.