Auto Generated Walls

English

Go to solution Solved by English,

I am half way through a drawing for an extension onto an existing house.  At one time I auto generated the first floor from the basement (backwards I know but the basement was already built and not permitted).  Any way I am trying to delete the first floor over the existing foundation and keep running into the warning message seen on the screenshot.  I don't want to deleted the first floor and start from scratch as that will deleted the first floor of the existing house and I don't want to do that.

How can I get around this and start afresh with the first floor of the extension?
Thanks
Alan

post-2501-0-28484400-1433867531_thumb.png

There are many rather useless "error messages" like the one you posted. The one you posted is only communicating to you that you are editing an auto-generated wall and nothing else (it is a mindless, mechanical, redundant "message" that you should merely ignore due to its relative unimportance to you or anyone else. Just do what you want to do and let the software be and do what it does.

DJP

David

The issue is that I cannot delete the walls.  After the first delete there is a dotted line outline after I try to delete that the wall comes back.  Sort of like Groundhog Day.  :)
Alan

Auto-generated walls are self-defined, they are an mechanical automaticity. In order to fully edit them, you must go to 3D Preferences and turn off  the command "Auto rebuild walls, floors and ceilings". If you do so, you need to then turn that command back on after doing whatever you need to do. As I mentioned before trying to edit or change auto-generated attic walls is mostly a waste of time (your time). The software is programmed to automatically create and recreate such walls automatically, that is all you are confronting and nothing more significant that that (a machine being a machine and acting like a machine).

DJP