wall height

nnicora

You can't change a Wall's height in HD Software directly via a DBX , you can change them in the Room Defaults or Floor Defaults DBX via the Ceiling height settings only AFAIK.

your can edit a wall's height in an elevation or 3D view however by pulling the 3D Polyline up or down as needed .

• Upvote 1

Unless I have misunderstood you, Mick is correct: you always control wall height by Edit-Default Settings - Floor - Ceiling Height settings or via a single room specification dialog - Structure Tab - Ceiling Height setting per room. This has been true since I started back in 1995 and is still true. 

DJP

I have used this program to build objects that are not home based.   is there a way to turn off the wall height default   for simplicity I would like to create a box with four different wall heights???

yes   if you don't use walls , you can use Shapes, Soffits, Partitions, Slabs etc . 

There maybe other ways too (workarounds)  but  you haven't filled in you Forum Profile signature with your Version and Title of HD so it is hard to be more specific as they all have different features but I think Soffits and Shapes are common to all.

if you are trying to do something specific then pics or sketches or something  like that would help too, lots of good help here on the Forum for OOB Ideas.

M.