Missing wooden floors

Hannahobday

Hi everyone

I am currently using Home designer pro 2016, I have not had it long installed and I have a couple of issues.

1. when I do a wooden floor it just comes back as a block of colour so you don't see the planks, I have looked in the manual and online, I have tried it in 2014 which I still have loaded and it worked ok in that, but not in 2016 what am I missing?

2. Also does anyone know how I can remove the base board from around a fire place but still leave it in the rest of the room?

Daft questions I know but it has been one of those days when sometimes things worked then they stop I have a break and then they work again lol. 

Thanks for any help.

/Hanna :(

Thanks for the reply.

I did do a search on the forum about the floor issue but nothing came up, must of not used the right words.  I managed to find the toggle texture box and it seems a lot better now so thank you.

I have attached an image of my fireplace, I usually have to try and make my fireplaces as they are different to the ones in the library, as you hopefully can see the base board come up in front of the fire and I don't want this, yeh the base boards are this high lol.

Thanks again for your help.

post-220-0-60108100-1433508651_thumb.jpg

Hi

Yes I have used interior walls to sit the fireplace in (its a chimney breast, so its a flat wall on the external of the building but protrudes into the room by 230mm) this has been the best method I have found so far.  I am also going to include the original picture of how the fireplace is set up so you can see what it looks like.

Thanks again for your help.

/Hanna

post-220-0-70093300-1433514931_thumb.jpgpost-220-0-63606700-1433514954_thumb.jpg

That's what I needed.

Suggest using a slab or custom counter top instead of a soffit for the hearth, as I believe a soffit automatically has any trim wrapped around it.

Once I substituted a slab for the soffit, the baseboard was still wrong. I deleted the closet shelf (mantle), then put it back using Ctrl+Z. The base changed to be correct.

Looks like a bug.

post-171-0-96969600-1433528957_thumb.jpg

yep that's what he meant makes it so much easier..

it is the Soffit you used for the fireplace hearth as soffits will take mouldings if they touch the room moulding so pulling it out  of the wall a 1/4" or so fixes it.

post-25-0-39399500-1433528872_thumb.jpg

Looks like you have 3 different window Casings in that Room too

not sure you need it but there is a KBA on doing insert fireplaces too

http://www.homedesignersoftware.com/support/article/KB-00744/

*** looks like Eric and I posted at the same time and I had the same experience with Ctrl+Z

Many thanks for your help, I will give this a go, will have to be Monday now but seeing as you have done it I now know that it is possible I am sure it will work.

I will have to check the windows they are a pain all the side were different lengths has the frames all joined together and there should be four of them they look the same size but cant be if the 1330 wall has two windows in, so I have more investigating to do with this lol.

Thanks again for your help

/Hanna