How can I create a sloped slab floor?

bingsf

Any ideas on how to create a slab floor that is sloped?  I am trying to create a model of my basement floor as-is, and it has a sloped concrete slab that is sloped and curved to a floor drain.

Thanks!

please fill in your forum profile signature so we know what HD title and year you have as they all have different features and capabilities, I am not sure you will get it 100% but it could be modelled in at least two directions if you have Ramps in your Stair menu,(two if drain is in the center or one direction if drain is at one end ).

M.

Most titles have "Shapes" in their Library Browsers and one of those shape types is a "Wedge" which can be stretched out to cover an entire floor in a single room, its height can be adjusted as well as its width and length and is your best choice for a slanted floor. Just between us girls, it matters little whether or not your floor is slanted in 3D views, in plans I rarely slant the floor in 3D, what I do is to place some text and an arrow saying that the floor is slanted by xx inches. With an "shape" covering the room's floor, you will of course have to select it first every time you want to reprogram that room but that is of course your choice to make.

DJP

Thanks for the suggestions.  I am using Home Designer Pro 2016.

Wedges and ramps will work, but a more accurate depiction would be an upside down pyramid where I could adjust the peak (where the drain is).  I see the pyramid shapes, but doesn't seem like I can flip them over.

Ideally it would be nice to specify elevation points/splines like in the terrain features- is it possible to have a terrain perimeter inside the room itself?

It does't have to be a perfect representation, but we have ceiling heights that are within inches of the required code in various spots and this will help with design possibilities to have a decent representation of the slope on the floor.

Thanks!

I have been using my TurboCad 18 program to handle such items.  I had to learn how to make 3D objects to import into my Home Designer program.  First I would make an simple extrusion of your floor slab and make it the height without the drain.  Then make a cone, which inverted will make the slope to your drain.  Position the upside down cone into the floor slab and then subtract it and it will leave your drain slope.

Thanks for the suggestions.  I am using Home Designer Pro 2016.

Wedges and ramps will work, but a more accurate depiction would be an upside down pyramid where I could adjust the peak (where the drain is).  I see the pyramid shapes, but doesn't seem like I can flip them over.

Ideally it would be nice to specify elevation points/splines like in the terrain features- is it possible to have a terrain perimeter inside the room itself?

Thanks!

you could try turning off the clipping of the Terrain in the Terrain DBX at the bottom and see if it will let you manipulate it